Blueberry Coconut Lime Ice Cream
- Limes – 2
- Golden caster sugar – 140 g
- Punnet blueberries – 125 g
- Carton coconut cream – 200 ml
- Carton double cream – 284 ml
- Extra blueberries, to serve
- Finely grate the zest from one of the limes and squeeze the juice from bot Put in a small pan with the sugar and heat gently, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Add the blueberries and simmer for 2 minutes, just until the skins start to split.
- Pour the blueberry mixture into a bowl and stir in the coconut cream.
- Leave to cool Whip the cream in a large bowl until it just holds its shape then gradually stir in the blueberry mixture.
- Put the bowl in the freezer for about 1 hour, until the mixture is set about 3cm in from the edges.
- Remove from the freezer and mix it all together using a whisk When it’s fairly smooth, return to the freezer for a further hour,
- Then repeat the whisking one more time. Transfer the ice cream to a rigid container, cover and freeze until firm, or for up to a month.
- Before serving, move to the fridge for 30 minutes to soften it.
- Serve with extra blueberries scattered over.