Hyderabadi Mutton Paya recipe
Hyderabadi Mutton Paya Recipe
The taste of Hyderabadi Mutton Paya will change your definition of Delicious.
Mutton Paya recipe variates from place to place.
Some make after smoking the trotters some use tomato and some only make it thin consistency like soup.
- Oil – 3-4 tbsp
- Onion – 5-6 pcs (Sliced)
- Black cardamom – 3 pcs
- Green cardamom – 3 pcs
- Cinnamon sticks – 2 pcs
- Star Anise – 2 pcs
- Whole peppercorns – 6-8 pcs
- Cloves – 4-5 pcs
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tbsp
- Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Ginger paste – 1.5 tbsp
- Trotters & mutton – 750 gm
- Red Chili Powder – 2 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Water – 2 glasses
- Take a cooker.
- Add oil and heat it on a medium flame.
- Once it is hot add sliced onion.
- Saute it until it gets soft.
- Now add black cardamom, green cardamom, cinnamon sticks, star anise, whole peppercorns,
- cloves and cumin seeds for aromatic taste.
- Mix it well.
- Add garlic paste, ginger paste, and goat trotters and mutton.
- Mix it well and open cook for 5 minutes.
- Now it’s time to add spices.
- Add red Chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, and salt to taste.
- Mix it well.
- Open cook for another 5 minutes until spices get mixed with mutton.
- Add water into it.
- And now close the cooker lid.
- Cook it for 20-25 minutes.
- Spicy and Yummy Hyderabadi Mutton Paya is ready to serve.
- Garnish it with green Chili, coriander leaves and ginger slices.