Chickpea and Tahini Dip (Hummus) Recipe
Chickpea Hummus is a very delicious and healthy recipe the Chickpea Hummus Recipe is native to Arab countries, but a few years ago it has become a very popular recipe throughout the world.
Homemade Chickpea Hummus in an easy and fast way.
- Chickpeas – 1/2 pound dried (about 1¼ cups) or two 15-ounce cans
- Garlic cloves – 2 large, minced
- Tahini – 1/4 cup (stir well before measuring)
- Fresh lemon juice – 1/3 cup strained
- Ground cumin – 1 teaspoon (optional)
- Chickpea – 1/2 cup, cooking liquid or water
- Salt to taste
- 1 to 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, Aleppo pepper, paprika or cayenne, chopped Italian parsley
Directions for Chickpea and Tahini Dip (Hummus) Recipe:
- If using dried chickpeas, pick them over, discarding any pebbles and broken or discolored peas.
- Rinse well.
- Soak chickpeas 8 hours or overnight in water to cover generously.
- Drain soaked chickpeas and rinse.
- Put chickpeas in a large saucepan and add 5 cups water.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 1½ hours or until very tender.
- Drain the cooked or canned chickpeas well, reserving the liquid.
- If you like rub chickpeas gently to remove their skins.
- Using a food processor, chop the chickpeas.
- Add garlic, tahini, lemon juice, cumin and ¼ cup chickpea cooking liquid or liquid from the can.
- Puree until blended and chickpeas are finely ground.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Gradually stir in more chickpea cooking liquid or water until puree is a smooth spread.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve.
- To serve, spoon hummus onto a serving plate, leaving a depression in the center.
- Drizzle olive oil into center.
- Garnish with pinches of Aleppo pepper and chopped parsley.