Russian Fruit and Vegetable Salad
- Apples medium – 2-3
- Pineapple chunk – 1 cup
- Potatoes medium – 2-3
- Carrots medium – 2-3
- Peas – 1 cup
- Salt – as per taste
- White Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Lemon Juice – 2 tbsp
- Mayonnaise – 1 cup
- Fresh Cream – 1/2 cup
Integredients for Mayonnaise:
- Egg Yolks – 2
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- White Pepper Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Mustard Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Vinegar or Lemon Juice – 2 tbsp
- Cooking Oil – 1 cup
- Roasted Raisins – 1/2 cup
- Walnuts – 1/2 cup
- For the mayonnaise, lightly beat egg yolks in a bowl with salt,White pepper,sugar and mustard.
Pour Cooking Oil a little at a time, beating continously. Lastly, add vinegar and beat until thick.Refrigerate for some time.
- Cut all the vegetables & fruits in equal sized cubes In 1 litre boiling water cook each vegetable separately on high heat for 3-5 minutes, drain and refresh with cold water.
- Mix all the fruits and vegatables with lemon juice,salt,White pepper and sugar.
- Whip cream mix with mayonnaise and add to the fruits and vegetables Mix well and refrigerate.
- Shift the salad to a bowl layered with lettuce leaves Garnish and serve chilled.
- For this salad,chunks of boiled chicken of hunter beef can also be used.